Categories
Project

Smokescreen

Project Information

PropertyValue
StartedJanuary 19, 2020
EndedJanuary 20, 2020
Time Spent10 hour(s)
StatusCompleted
Project Linkhttps://0x22fe.com/project/smokescreen/
Source Code Linkhttps://github.com/0x22fe/Smokescreen
DescriptionA device used to assist the visually impaired
Language(s)Java,Python

Smokescreen was a wearable device that assisted the visually impaired, created for the DVHacks II hackathon.

The user would wear the t-shirt the device was attached to to start. The device, with the help of a camera and machine learning software, identified objects in the surrounding area and gave haptic and auditory feedback to the user.

The primary interface for this was an Android phone, which communicated with a Raspberry Pi (for the camera). We were able to create a prototype that semi-worked.

While we didn’t win any prizes, it was a unique and interesting experience building a wearable device.

Categories
Project

Imaginaire

Project Information

PropertyValue
StartedOctober 20, 2019
EndedOctober 20, 2019
Time Spent10 hour(s)
StatusCompleted
Project Linkhttps://0x22fe.com/project/imaginaire/
Source Code Linkhttps://github.com/0x22fe/Imaginaire
DescriptionA platform for learning subjects through XR
Language(s)Node.js,HTML,CSS,JavaScript

Imaginaire was a project I and 4 others made at SolarHacks 2019. The project was designed to facilitate learning through Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality (XR) in a classroom.

The plan was to use the students’ phones to connect to a web server.
This web server would run an application that the teacher could access through a website, and use to control the lesson.

At the hackathon, we were able to create 2 demo lessons for physics – one was related to relative and projectile motion, and the other was kinetic and static friction. The student would be able to control the virtual demo using their phone, moving the train and firing the ball to visually understand the idea of projectile motion.

It has a messaging system, web console for the teacher, and an interactive lesson guide. While we only had time to create lessons for physics, this idea could easily be expanded to cover math, computer science, art, and even music.

This project won us the “Best Math Hack” award in the hackathon, which came with a prize worth $100 (along with around $600 in prizes for the team just for participating).

Categories
Project

SafeDragon

Project Information

PropertyValue
StartedApril 7, 2018
EndedApril 7, 2018
Time Spent5 hour(s)
StatusCompleted
Project Linkhttps://0x22fe.com/project/safedragon/
Source Code Linkhttps://github.com/0x22fe/SafeDragon
DescriptionA program to coordinate resources during emergencies
Language(s)Node.js,HTML,CSS,JavaScript

SafeDragon was a project I and others made at the 2018 San Ramon Hackathon. The project
was designed to help coordinate emergency services during a natural disaster.

The plan was to use an embedded computer called a DragonBoard (similar to a Raspberry Pi) as a web server.
This web server would in turn run an application that would in theory allow people to use the
WiFi and Bluetooth technology on their phones to communicate with it and others in the area.

It has a messaging system, central command console, alert list,
and helpful tips and guides for what to do in an emergency.

All this combined led to this project winning us the hackathon, which was very exciting.

Categories
Project

Echo Force

Project Information

PropertyValue
StartedJuly 1, 2020
EndedJuly 12, 2020
Time Spent49 hour(s)
StatusCompleted
Project Linkhttps://0x22fe.com/project/echo-force/
Source Code Linkhttps://github.com/0x22fe/echo-force
DescriptionA 2D shooter game
Language(s)HTML,CSS,Javascript

Echo-Force is a simple 2D shooter game I made for the browser.

Categories
Project

Articheck

Project Information

PropertyValue
StartedJanuary 11, 2019
EndedJanuary 12, 2019
Time Spent16 hour(s)
StatusCompleted
Project Linkhttps://0x22fe.com/project/articheck/
Source Code Linkhttps://github.com/0x22fe/Articheck
DescriptionA tool to identify subtle bias in articles
Language(s)Node.js,HTML,CSS,Javascript

Articheck was a project I made at for hackathon DVHacks 2019. It used Google’s natural language processing API’s and a custom scoring algorithm to determine if the language in an article was biased.

Essentially, it checked to see how neutral the article was on an issue. If it used charged words and emotional statements, it would be scored negatively as that means it probably doesn’t discuss the issue in a politically and emotionally neutral manner.

I made this because I saw fact checking services elsewhere on the web which helped detect bias, but I couldn’t find anything that analyzed the language of articles themselves, so I and my friend made one.

This project won a $500 prize at the hackathon!